- BlogUpper - Free Directory for Travel Blogs http://www.blogupper.com/dir/travel.html
- BlogShowoff - Free Directory http://www.blogshowoff.com/category.aspx?cat=18
- Technorati - Let This directory know you're alive : http://technorati.com/ping
- Feedburner - Check them out at : http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/advertising
- Buzzfuse - http://www.buzzfuse.com/intro/choose#
- Zimbio - http://www.zimbio.com/company/bloggers
Is your blog :
- Are you posting at least weekly?
- Family-friendly language and content
- Does your blog have a distinct, intelligent writing style
How you ask? Check out Blog Burst. If they like your blog, you can appear on a network of websites that's very impressive. Best of all it's FREE :
The net result is that you as the business person who promoted the new domain name lose the name to a someone else. This is a huge loss of time, money and marketing effort ! Worse yet, you'll need to find a new name.
Here are some tips to make sure you don't lose a domain name.
- Renew heavily promoted domains 5-10 years at a time. At under $10 a year the cost is very reasonable.
- Always renew Domains Manually at least 1 year in advance (Put it on your calendar - perhaps Jan 2 every year).
- Enter a Credit Card and Set Up Auto-Renewal Features in you Domain Control Pannel.
- Set up a calendar reminder (set the month your Credit Card Expires) to remind you to change your credit card on file with your Domain Service when the card expires !
An additional saftey key is to "lock" your domain name to prevent others from changing your contact info without your authorization (NameCheap, GoDaddy and most others do this by default). Together, these steps should insure that your business's lifeblood isn't lost because of a change of domain name.